PDA

View Full Version : Character |wip| gwhoare

dooom
11-19-2004, 04:40 PM
hey guys, meet the gwhoare wippin it up c/c fo sho.

max 6
photoshop 7

thanks
http://www.drewshy.com/gwhoare.jpg
http://www.drewshy.com/gwhoar1.jpg

Equinoxx
11-19-2004, 09:14 PM
hey guys, meet the gwhoare wippin it up c/c fo sho.

I take it that means you're looking for some crits and comments :surprised

certainly original, that's 'fo sho'

other then that i'd say that anckle ball doesn't need that many subdivisions for game-art, certainly not when the character itself doesn't have that amount of detailing

hanzo
11-19-2004, 09:19 PM
yeah I agree, also how high poly are the chains? maybe to many as well...

yes very original :D were's his stomach?

ftorek
11-20-2004, 09:26 AM
buaahaha - funny that 'gwhoare' is 'fo sho' :)

seriously - green body is nice (though it could get some details more) - but the legs definitely needs some hard textruring work - cause now you can't even call it a 'texture' - simply plain colour it is

greets

gasmask
11-20-2004, 09:48 AM
lose a bunch of polys in the ball n chain man, and redo the texture its very poor. really spend alot of time texturing, after all its what people see.

the_podman
11-20-2004, 04:29 PM
I gotta give you credit for a very unique character design. Is he part of a set of characters?

Nothing to crit other than what's already been said. Lower the poly count on the ball and use smoothing groups instead. Simple stuff.

-pod

dooom
11-21-2004, 04:19 AM
haha, thanks guys, the ball and chain is not in its final state, it was obviously absurdly over polied, "good looking out though guys" . This is one character of a set I "hope" to finish. My dream is to make a 3d fighting game that plays like a 2d fighter. I want each character to have a unique fighting "syle" and a unique look and feel. but yeah at this point its just as you see. so is this dude appealing or appauling? if i keep getting feedback ill keep postin.

thanks DUDES!

supernekosan
11-21-2004, 07:52 AM
yea not bad but can you tel us how many polygone you use^^ keep the good work...

the_podman
11-21-2004, 02:40 PM
hey, the textures are looking cool. Nice layout, too.

A fighter, eh? That's cool. It opens up a lot of animation possibilities. Maybe you want to leave some parts with high tessalation then so you can get some fluid motion. Kinda feels like a character from the old "Clay Fighter" game back in the 16bit era.

yah, keep posting.

-pod

supernekosan
11-22-2004, 06:15 AM
ho by the way you dont have to worry so much about the polygone count..if it is a fighting games you are making..you can go to 5000-10 000 tris.....^^ so you can do a realy cool modeling with mor..definition and stuf..^^ look at my jaric..about5000 tri..can only work for a fighting games..for now..but what do i know..the pc evolved so fast.....maybe in no time we are going to do hi poly for games..tats will become crasy^^...so goods work....cant wait to see the next one....^^

hanzo
11-23-2004, 09:55 AM
much better all around... :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.