PDA

View Full Version : Characters: Misc

sutabi
11-19-2004, 07:01 AM
LowPoly 3D (http://www.mhserver5.biz/%7Esutaitk1/images/LowPoly/)

I've want to do character modeling for a while... Except for highpoly... only problem is my computer is too slow for my sanity. So for safety i've been doing lowpoly. The only none oringal art (modeled off of someone elses art is "Bunny" and "Monster", "Player 1" is referenced off my cousin. Angelica, Elf and Panda are all original.

I would like comments on them though although most dont have textures (sorry I just hate texturing), but the ones that have textures are textured by me.

Frank Dodd
11-19-2004, 12:15 PM
These models appear to show some very nice design and implementation, all of the characters seam to have a well defined and interesting form with natural looking proportions. The Monster is showing quite a few artifacts at the moment and I think it might be worth your refering to the top of this forum where there are some helpful articles on good layout for RT models.

I sympathise with your texturing comments but it is essential to complete the texturing to make these models look remotely complete. I always feel like I've done a job when I reach the end of my modelling but its only half done and I just have to knuckle down ;)

the_podman
11-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I agree. I sometimes think I'm almost done when the modeling is complete, only to realize that texturing is pretty much 50%, if not more of the finished product. Plus, it takes longer(at least for me, going on 1 month now, just texturing) to texture and usually a lot more "thinking" through problems are involved.

I like monster the best! I feel like this peice can really stand out for you with some nice texture work.

NeptuneImaging
11-21-2004, 09:41 AM
I agree with the podman...you have to texture these cool looking characters. I am already going on one month, texturing my stealth warrior (because of my Next Gen standards, using color, bump, spec, gloss, emissive, and transparency maps). Just like podman, I take longer to texture because I do not use colored drawings.

I should for my next design

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.