PDA

View Full Version : how to delete unused textures

TheShaddix
11-19-2004, 01:53 AM
Is there a way to delete unused (old) textures from a scene ? I have a scene that has had a lot of textures in it, but now i'm using better ones, but the old ones still remain in the scene. After i render the scene i get a lot of "WARNING" messages saying "Unable to resolve path:....", so is there a way to make it stop asking for those old textures ? And is there a way to find out what textures are currently being used and what not ?

gs1creative
11-19-2004, 06:22 AM
Yes there are a couple of ways. In the explorer window, go to materials and right click on Materials and there's an option called Remove all unused materials. Also you can go to Render - Get - Clip - Delete unused image sources and clips.

Cheers
Gary

TheShaddix
11-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks a lot, man.

Ablefish
11-19-2004, 11:49 PM
There is also the Spreadsheet which is sometimes needed to find textures that exist only in a viewport rotoscopy setup or something like that.

And the Files->Source Paths will let you see the paths to all your external files (and which one's can't be mapped).

TheShaddix
11-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Ablefish, thats exactly what i needed, i appreciate that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.