The Transporter

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/the_transporter/

Fast cars, big explosions, big fights and a cute girl
I smell money at the box office ;)

Go check it out!

Zim

Wigaru Wiyamoto
08-25-2002, 10:51 PM
Darn, I saw your profile name and thought there was an Invader Zim movie...oh well. :rolleyes:

I'll check it out, Luc Besson can be on-and-off. Don't think he'll ever top Leon/The Professional.

mr-doOo
08-25-2002, 11:13 PM
luc besson is producer on this one, and for now i really don t like
his productions.wait and see...

RobinOberg
08-25-2002, 11:17 PM
Luc bessons power seems to be in drama(the big blue), and he seems to be really bad at action movies(fifth element, kiss of the dragon).

he seems to want to be a part of the hollywood elite, so his more recent movies seems to suck more then his masterpieces :)

cant say i was impressed by either casting nor action in this trailer, he should go back to dramas...
and isnt that the hongkong moviestar chick?
hehe, he's reaching to far here...

anim8r2
08-25-2002, 11:22 PM
OK, when I saw the rocket launcher scene, I said, "No he didn't..."

Wigaru Wiyamoto
08-25-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by RobinOberg
Luc bessons power seems to be in drama(the big blue), and he seems to be really bad at action movies(fifth element, kiss of the dragon).

The Big Blue is alright, but his best movies have been action (La Femme Nikita, Leon/The Professional). And The Fifth Element was sci-fi, not action. And I liked it, if only because of Moebius/Jean Giraud's design work on it.

RobinOberg
08-26-2002, 08:00 AM
I cant say that Nikita and Leon are action movies, the only action they have are two scenes each, the rest is magnificient drama.

studiomiguel
08-26-2002, 08:10 PM
Luc,
what are you doing to us man? You were so great.. you have fallen so far.
I'm all for suspension of belief at the movies, but deflecting a missile with a serving tray??? Come on!!!!! No amount of tweaking in the world is going to make that look real to anyone with a lick of physics sense. That's just corny.

Sigh..... the amazing Jason Statham though.... I love watching this guy. Great screen presence.... perhaps the films saving grace.

let's hope.

Hookflash
08-27-2002, 02:37 AM
Sometimes it's nice to be able to just turn your brain off and watch some way over-the-top Hollywood action flic for pure entertainment. Not every movie has to be a sweeping epic (although those can be great as well;)). Anyways, my point is this: The Transporter is obviously going to be full of ridiculously over-the-top, unrealistic action scenes, but could still be an extremely entertaining flic. I'm definately going to see it.

ambient-whisper
08-27-2002, 02:56 AM
Fifth element kicked sooo much ass :) no idea how people cant like it. sure it was short...and too much happened. but it just made that much more fun :) no boring parts:)

studiomiguel
08-27-2002, 03:55 AM
Personally, I am a HUGE fan of 5th element. As I recall though, this hasn't really been a season of thought-inducing theater. To many over-the-top action flicks give the genre a bad name... that's all. I'm hoping for the best.

Carnifex
08-27-2002, 06:08 AM
Hehe, I've seen far more unrealistic scenes in movies than the rocket deflection :)
Hey, if you get at just the right angle...
Hehe :)

Oh and The Fifth Element was awesome! I love that movie.
Far fresher and more cheeky than 98 percent of what comes out of Hollywood normally.

"Anybody else wanna negotiate?"

Regards

Ian

Kananga
08-27-2002, 06:28 AM
gary oldman in that film! damn funny I thought.:thumbsup:

mv
08-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Gary Oldman in all Besson's films is great! in Leon he's awesome.

urgaffel
08-27-2002, 08:45 PM
That looks like an entertaining movie (NO USE OF BRAIN NEEDED). I hope they can pull off the martial arts though... I like his approach to kicking a door in :) (running)

Wiro
08-27-2002, 11:10 PM
Haha, YEAH MAN! More popcorn action! Sorry, I never had anything against those as long as they're fun to watch. And I LOVED Besson's Taxi (haven't seen Taxi 2 tho) which was full of laugh-inducing action so I'm expecting more "oh yeah right, he didn't do THAT??" type action!

And I can't count the times I've watched 5th Element...in fact so much I'm tired of it now, but AT THE TIME, it was awesome!!! :D

Wiro

mr-doOo
08-27-2002, 11:20 PM
hey m@. it was not Gary Holdman but Jean Reno
G.H was just in "jeanne d arc" (don t remember the english title)
but yes he s a great actor

Wiro
08-27-2002, 11:41 PM
Gary Oldman was in Leon (the nutty DA guy) and 5th Element (the nutty weapon's guy) but not in Joan of Arc / The Messenger.

Jean Reno was in Le Grand Bleu, La Famme Nikita and Leon but also not in Joan of Arc.

Wiro :D

mr-doOo
08-27-2002, 11:55 PM
arf! you re right!! i was thinking about Dustin Hoffman
SORRY!!!!:shrug:
i think i m tired...so i m gonna sleep!

mv
08-28-2002, 12:14 AM
:)

RobinOberg
08-28-2002, 07:58 AM
Jean Reno rules and shouldve gotten the main lead in Fifth Element :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.