PDA

View Full Version : BIIIG rig problem

AdrianLazar
11-18-2004, 04:28 PM
HELLO!
I have a problem with the rig that i'm working on... I THINK that when the model was selected i pressed remove animation from all parameters, any animation type :( Not knowing what happend i continued my work on shaders, simulation and so on... now when i wanned to make a simple test animation i saw that the contrains from the foot are gone... the biped left/right foot dosen't have any effect and nothing is working right at the foot level... I have and older scene with the right skeleton, it's possible to replace the "broken" skeleton with the older one, so that the envelop remains ?
Thank you!

RayenD
11-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Yes.

How to do that? Load a scene with your old skeleton. Remove everything except skeleton and save under new name.
Go to your second scene (that one in which you have made mistake), select mesh with envelope, open weight editor, and save weights preset (file -> save preset).
Remove this skeleton and envelpoe from your mesh, then load old one (skeleton only) - by merge. Assign envelope to loaded skeleton with default weights then load previously save preset.

One more thing - old and new skeletons have to have the same bone names.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.