PDA

View Full Version : XSI version increments?

Goon
11-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi y'all,

I intend to invest in XSI soon, and so I am curious how close Softimage is to the next version increment? Are they on a yearly n.0 schedule, with a n.5 release midway through, or is their system like maya where the next version may be called a n.5 release, or they may just choose to bump it up to an n.0 release?

I'm getting the student edition, so while its not a large amount of bling that I gotta plunk down, I don't think I'll be eligible for an upgrade should I chance to buy it a few weeks before a new release. Is that the case? Should I wait a little bit, or is the next version far enough off atm, that its not worth waiting?

(Btw, I intend to use this as the animation/rendering component for a short film I'll be working on after christmas. I don't need to start rigging, etc. until around february. Will this be enough time to get up to speed in XSI if I'm not going to have a lot of time for learning it?)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.