PDA

View Full Version : firegl and fx tree problem

smaug
11-18-2004, 03:00 PM
i am having a problem with my display adapter..

i am using xsi 4.0 and i have a fireGL x1 256p..
in fx tree just after i load an image in image input node it suddenly crashes and sends me back to my desktop.
i tried it with fireGL 8800 and it does the same thing
i also tried it with geforce 4 ti and geforce fx 5200. and they are fine..
it only crashes with firegl series and only in fxtree just after loading an image in image input node..

i tried it with both diriver versions 79621 and 804311. they are both same.. still no good.
i belive it is a bug and i want to report it to ati before i do that i wanted to ask you guys if there are anyone having the same problem with me.

JoeW
11-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Hmmm - weird. I'm running a FireGL X2 256t and not having any problems with it at all. Is it the same image every time? Have you tried changing it's format to PIC (or some other format?)

JoeW

smaug
11-20-2004, 02:57 AM
yeah i tried picking other images too.. stil the same.. it is not scene dependant. it does it even in a new scene

which driver version are you using?

JoeW
11-21-2004, 02:15 AM
yeah i tried picking other images too.. stil the same.. it is not scene dependant. it does it even in a new scene

which driver version are you using?

Hmmm - That's weird AND frustrating. I'm using the fireGL reference drivers 6.14.10.6483 - with the configuration set to Softimage|XSI. I know it's not the same card, but I've not been able to generate a crash doing what you've described.....

JoeW

smaug
11-21-2004, 11:10 AM
today i installed Version 79621 drivers again.. and now it seems ok..
iam testing it yet
but till igot no crash
anyway, weird but now it works
dont know if it was the driver tough

thanks a lot for you answers
cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.