PDA

View Full Version : pre infinity and post infinity

mill
11-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Hello.

I want to cycle an animation after frame 0.
But I don't want to cycle it before frame 0.
How can I do this in animation editor in XSI?

That's called pre infinity and post infinity in Maya.

nobody551
11-18-2004, 02:13 PM
I donīt know the function in the animation editor, but maybe this could help you:
animate your object, set some keys, then go to animate>Actions>Store animated parameters fcurves. Give your action a name.

select your object, hit alt+0 to open up the animation mixer and right click> insert source, select your action.

now there should be a animation clip on one track. select it and hit strg+T to go to time properties. there you could choose extrapolation before and after. you can achieve the same effect by dragging the head or tail of the clip at bottom.

hope that helps

Ablefish
11-18-2004, 07:12 PM
The mixer is definitely the easiest place to do this kind of thing. Once the action source is made you can very easily drag out Holds or Cycles or Bounces. I know it's different from the maya workflow, but give it a try if you can.

Because in the Fcurve editor there is no pre and post infinity. The curve commands (Constant/Gradient/Cycle/Relative Cycle) all impact both the beginning and ending of the curve. You would have to use the Freeze Cycle command to bake the cycle and then delete the 'pre' cycles.

mill
11-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Because I am a modeler(not an animater)
and I am quite new to XSI, those little tutorials were really helpful.

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.