PDA

View Full Version : sketch: Man Torso

PereBalsach
08-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Hi there,
I was drawing last night.
The result is this draw.

Can you look for errors on this drawing?
Any suggestion are accepted!

Thanks!!!
:scream:

jeroentje
08-25-2002, 04:15 PM
I don't want to scare away someone who obviously has talent, but you asked for c&c yourself.

Okay, here you go than:
The right shoulder seems to blend into the "breast muscle" (in search for a better word ;) ) but there is an important joint from the collarbone and the upper arm there. In fact the whole collarbone is missing.
The left "breast muscle" seems to be too small for some one with a "sixpack" like this.
The ribs in the side should end at little lower. And the muscle in the side is way too big, or at least it looks odd.

Bodies (specially very muscled male ones) are very hard to draw. So I don't think it is a bad sketch at all. In fact I think that when you can do this as a fast thing on lining paper, you could become really good at this if you try to find some good books on anatomy.

Keep it up,
jeroentje

PereBalsach
08-25-2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks jeroentje !!!
For all your suggestions!!

Your suggestions are welcome!
In the next draw I will be more precise, and look more anatomy books.

Thank u!

nirishere
12-22-2003, 03:37 AM
Wow, I am fascinated by human body, did you find anything to learn anatomy from on the web ? Does anyone have an idea of how to animate these muscles ?

CoolBlueMan
12-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Hey, good beginning but, It would be better if you used white paper; and much better if you used the computer with a wacom, as this is a CG Talk.

Anyway, I think that constrasting the whole image would help. And about the anatomy, maybe the shoulder should be bigger, and I would draw the ribs with more emphasis.

Hope it helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.