PDA

View Full Version : Xsi 4.0 crashing with Nvidia drivers after 61.77's

chlywly
11-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Is this happening to anyone else? Any drivers post 61.77 / 61.82 ( basically any driver for the 6800+ cards ) will not work with Softimage Xsi 4.0, it just opens then dissapears before the viewports are rendered? Without an error message crashes and dissapears?

Also Lightwave viewports and Maya viewports get graphical anomolies? Anyone else notice this? or know a way around it?

3DDave
11-17-2004, 02:33 PM
I have no issues with 61.82 drivers, I use a Quadro 4 700.

EdHarriss
11-17-2004, 02:38 PM
- Part of the problem is that your card is not Certified. (http://www.softimage.com/partners/xsi/Hardware_Partners/Hardware_Cert/windows_xp_v4.htm)
- I suspect that it will be soon.
- You might want to see if you can use one of the certified cards till then.

BRUTICUS
11-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Ouch thats pretty brutal, I was just going to get a machine with a PCIe 6800.

So whos responsibility is it to fix this? Nvidia ni their next driver update?

Someone needs to create a good website regarding cards for CG. :)

Rabid pitbull
11-17-2004, 04:23 PM
I have a 6800 and have no problems at all with xsi. I suggest you get the newest drivers available 66.93. I do have a minor problem with LW, the grid displays strange, but it is not a major problem. Cannot comment on maya, don't use it. I would try first updating drivers then reinstalling xsi.

revert
11-17-2004, 04:37 PM
I've been using the 66.81's with no issues in XSI.

JoeW
11-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Is this happening to anyone else? Any drivers post 61.77 / 61.82 ( basically any driver for the 6800+ cards ) will not work with Softimage Xsi 4.0, it just opens then dissapears before the viewports are rendered? Without an error message crashes and dissapears?

Also Lightwave viewports and Maya viewports get graphical anomolies? Anyone else notice this? or know a way around it?
I'm running a 6800GT with the 61.77 drivers without a hitch. Make sure you have nVidia Desktop Management *disabled* - it will hork up all kinds of stuff. Also, if you've been installing and uninstalling drivers (*especially* if you've not been doing a full unistall of the previous ones before reinstalling), you can end up with some "trash" that might be causing problems. You might think about getting hold of DriverCleaner - a small app designed to clean up after a number of driver installs. You can get it from several websites (free) - one place is http://downloads.guru3d.com. Be sure to follow the directions (remove in Safe Mode, etc) - and try reinstalling the drivers after cleaning everything off. You *should* be able to run your card without problems....

But the first thing to check is the status of Desktop Management - it will make XSI's viewports very slow and unstable....

Hope this helps.....

JoeW

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.