PDA

View Full Version : Maya Car setup.

2xbo
11-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi guys.

I have a question 4 you. I need to make a Car Animation into a Path and i want to make some Scripts to make it easy my animation.

4 example. When the car taking a curve make the car more slow or decrease the speed of the car end so on. Maybe some kind of deaden (suspension) in the wheels, etc....

How can help me?.

Please i need your HELP!

Thank you 4 your in puts.

See you
xbo

Xel
11-19-2004, 04:37 AM
I would be interested to find out too. Let me know if you find a solution. tnx

2xbo
11-20-2004, 03:15 PM
:bounce: Xel, ok Man, iŽll tell you. See you next time.

xbo :scream:

freshNfunky
11-22-2004, 01:31 AM
well animation a car along a animation curve is very simple.

i think i can ommit explaining how to bind an object to a path curve.

increasing and decreasing of animation speed can easily be managed by ajusting the u-value in the motionpath node.

there is asimple rule for the u value:
0 is the start-point
1 is the end-point

now you can open the graph editor and edid the u-value curve or just
setting keyframes in the timeline.

the rotation e.g. of your car should be ajusted manually. you shurely know that you can let follow an object a path curve or not. check this option and you will receve a car who is attaced at the curves tangent. further you can change the degree of freedom of orientation by checking unchecing constraint axes (see also: constrain>modify constrain axes).
last ajustment can be made by subgrouping the car geometry into a further subgroup so you can individually manage seperate orientations to the pathcurve, like acceleration or brake behaviour.

good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.