PDA

View Full Version : materials problems in xsi 4.0

Doner
11-17-2004, 09:22 AM
i deleted my scene material someway along the way, and XSI defaulted scene material to a fairly heavy anisotropic shader with displacement maps etc.... i need to know how to tell XSI what its new default scene_material is. i tried copying my anisotropic shader branch over to a new material on the polymesh that i needed it on and then deleting the XSI default version, but then XSI just keeps on moving down the list of available materials. i want to make a new material with a phong node on it, and tell XSI to assign it to any new geometry i create.

GeneralLethal
11-24-2004, 03:00 AM
Create a new object, hit 7 to gert its render tree (which will be the deafult material) unplug everything and plug a phong shader in surafce, shadow, photon. Then delete the object and you're good to go, as long as you didn't ask xsi to make a local copy of the material before editing it.

Doner
12-05-2004, 10:38 PM
gracias. that worked fine.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.