PDA

View Full Version : Mac or PC Version

kwabbott
11-15-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm trying to decide which platform to purchase ZBrush for. I have the choice of either:

G5 2.5 dual with 2GB ram and 9800 XT

or

Xeon Dual 2.4 with 1GB ram and 6800 GT

I'm leaning towards the Mac due to greater RAM. Any opinions?

thanks

Kevin Abbott

ThomasMahler
11-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Yeah, ZBrush is not so much dependend on your graphics card, so go for the mac one. With a dual G5 and 2gb of RAM, ZBrush should purr like a tiger :) (Haha, I'm sometimes so funny - You got it? Tiger!!! ;))

G3D
11-15-2004, 05:39 PM
I've worked on has choked on large models that are a breeze on a similarly clocked and configured PC. (I still like Macs, though. They are good for 3d work in early stages.)

chadtheartist
11-15-2004, 07:45 PM
I own Z2 for both platforms, and I like both. My PC responds a bit faster than the Mac does, but the PC is a 3.0 Ghz P4 with hyperthreading, plus I have a gig more ram. My Mac, Dual Processor 1 Ghz G4 is about three years old, and I've been able to use models that have 4 million polygons. I can imagine that the DP 2.5 Ghz G5 will respond a lot better, plus the amount of RAM should help you considerably.

The Mac version also lets you sculpt in perspective, just hit the U key on your keyboard and you're able to sculpt in a more natural view. Hopefully the PC version will have this soon.

Have fun with your purchase!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.