PDA

View Full Version : Combustion 2 and DV

DeBreen
08-24-2002, 09:08 PM
Hello all,

I have one newbie question for you.I notced that combustion is unable to import files captured from my miniDV camera.
It tells me CODEC not supported even I know the codec is there, its Microsoft DV codec or I`m wrong?

Please help:scream:

Chris
08-25-2002, 06:09 AM
Combustion2 cant read Microsoft DV codec, its because its directshow or something I think, & C2 doesnt support directshow codecs. You need to convert to some other codec first (I use Quicktime -> Animation set on 'best')

fred
08-25-2002, 06:32 PM
i donīt know if this also works with windows but on a mac i use the quicktime dv codec and everything works fine, you can even capture the material directly from combustion?

cdinic
08-25-2002, 10:44 PM
hey chris,

I heard the animation codec is just a targa sequence, origonaly created by some major animation studio to move large sequences in a single file.

have you heard anything?

-Chris

DeBreen
08-26-2002, 03:41 PM
I was thinking maybe there is some kind of plugin or patch that fix this prob....

Chris
08-26-2002, 09:29 PM
@Cdinic - I hadent heard that, but it makes sense. The files are losslessly compressed like TGA's & can have alpha channels like TGA's - its just easier to manage when all frames are together in one file...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.