PDA

View Full Version : Modeling and animating clothing in xsi

Ziah
11-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Clothing

I have been modeling the dress for a character for the couple of hours and it turned out nicely.

before reading or answering >i just want it to be clear that the quailty im going for a photorealism. I would like like the answers to be base on how a real production company goes about such

I have never played around with syflex and i have never really worked with clothing and animation

My questions are

a) Is it Ideal to model or "not to " model the characters clothing as extra geometry. That is to say should i just model the clothing on the intial character as oppose to modeling the naked character then creating a seperate piece of geometry for the clothing.

b)In a professional pipeline is dynamics for cloth done by using a low proxy copy of the model/object as the colison object for syflex cloth to interact with or collide with

thanx ziah

Ziah
11-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Im guessing no one knows or understands the questions above :hmm:

RayenD
11-14-2004, 10:02 PM
a) different approaches are used for different situations. For example Princess Fiona in Shrek was 50/50 as far as I know.
b) you can use different objects for collsions if it is needed. Depends on situation.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.