PDA

View Full Version : rigging a car wheel

TheShaddix
11-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Hi, i want to animate my car and i would like to know how to rig its wheels so that when i move the car the wheels start to spin (rotate). Let's say , i have one wheel (it's a group of the wheel's components) and i want to be able to adjust the rotation value. If you could link me to a tutorial or explain in ur own words, id appreciate that. THanks in advance.

Alive_&_Kicking
11-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Hello there,

You can rig this system using various techniques...I would advise you to read the expressions and constrain chapters of the manual first...

The easiest (and crude) way to rig this system is simply to link the rotation of the wheel to the translation of the element that is the parent of your "car" hierarchy - supposedly a model or a null. Display the local kinematics ppg of the wheel and for Rotattion Y(or else) do "Link with" 'parent' kine local pos x (or else)... Then select the parent and move it to its minimum position (say 100 units). Then in the wheel's PPG set a value and do "Set Relative Value" for the linked parameter. Then do the same thing with the parent moved to its maximum translation....This is the easiest method but is too crude...It is a good start, though

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.