PDA

View Full Version : setting up save shape key's

acjwalker
11-13-2004, 05:27 PM
I am following the bain advance animation from the xsi website but I get up to "choose Deform > Shape > Save Shape Key to save
a shape key." but it then asks me to

"shapes onlystore the previous deformations you applied in the shape modelling construsction mode.

If you haven't done so, your shape will contaion no deformation. Then its ok or cancel! wat to do?

I select ok but when i import it into the animation mixer it with ohter shape keys there is no difference in the shape!

Im using XSI 4!

titaniumdave
11-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Not sure what tutorial you're doing but this is how I do it. Click your original shape then click shape - store shape key, you'll get the same message just push ok, then with that original object selected goto shape - select shape key, now click your original object and hit alt +0 and add your shape tracks in and you're done.

chesterjoe
11-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Most tutorials out there ( in the web) where made for xsi 3.5.1 or lower, construction modes are new to xsi 4 that's why you don't get any explanation about them in your tutorial.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.