PDA

View Full Version : Final Gather View and Maya6

WhiteRabbitObj
11-13-2004, 07:19 AM
I'm trying to get a render globals option for Final Gather View so that I don't need to go through and enable it for every object in my scene, but the tips in Paolo Berto's masterclass and a websearch don't seem to work for Maya 6. The mel to add this attribute is supposed to be:
displayRenderGlobalsWindow;
select miDefaultOptions;
addAttr -ln finalGatherView -at bool miDefaultOptions;

but it doesn't seem to add the attribute anywhere in the renderglobals. What it DOES do is to select the miDefaultOptions and brings it up on the sidebar, but the finalGatherView attribute is not even displayed. Trying to run this script a second time fails however and says that the attribute already exists! So apparently it is in fact being created, but I cannot find it. Any help would be great, thanks.

WhiteRabbitObj
11-13-2004, 07:23 AM
OK so I lied and solved this problem shortly after posting here, by opening the hypergraph, manually selecting the node and opening the attribute editor, then enabling Final Gather View.

Is there a reason it doesn't display in the render globals like it used to (or so I'm led to believe from the tutorials)? And is there a way to GET it to display in the renderglobals?

Jozvex
11-13-2004, 08:08 PM
When I enable any new attributes for the miDefaultOptions node I always have to select the node and look at it in the Attribute Editor.

Maybe just make a shelf button or marking menu to toggle it?

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.