PDA

View Full Version : Arm Pits -- stinky~!!

kpalazov
08-24-2002, 09:35 AM
Well in the last couple of days I have been hard on the books and web seraching all over for a good topology in the area of the arm put. I am a grasp on the anatomical structure but the conections between the Pactorialas Major and the Deltoids( you can see that I have been reading gray's anatomy:))is giving me some trouble and so the area of flexion.

Any help would be greatly appriciated , I will try to post my results soon.
My mail is :
k_man_mango@hotmail.com is any one wants to contact me with some pics or advice.

thanks again

take care

Kiril

Marcel
08-25-2002, 09:11 AM
The armpit area is very complex indeed, I found that out myself a while ago.

This picture was a great help for me, it really shows a good edgeflow...

http://members.rott.chello.nl/mvijfwinkel/wirecage.jpg

kpalazov
08-25-2002, 11:35 AM
Hello Marcel,
Your efforts in producing this image are much appriciated. I solved more or less the problem with the joining of the pecks and deltiod at the front but now am havind difficulty with the back shoulder area connection to the back side of the armpit. ALso I'd like to mention the the character I am modellng is male so this topology although help ful to some extend does not offer the correct topology I am after.

Marcel would it be alright to ask if you could post you results on this subject.

I will post my character when I am satisfied with the area I'm talking about. So far I am so frustrated that I can't leave maya to do anything:):surprised :surprised .

Again the reply and image are much appriciated , if any one else has anthing to offer I would greatly appriciate this as this is for an animation I am currently working on.

thanks again

take care

Kiril

dvornik
08-25-2002, 07:40 PM
Check if this would help: arms (http://www.3dluvr.com/~ly/assorted_wireframes/arms.jpg) , have to drag the link to the address bar.

Marcel
08-25-2002, 09:16 PM
Good one dvornik! I was about to post that same image. Wonderfully modelled, do you happen to know who created it?

As far as my ventures in the shoulder area, I'm still not finished, but I have put up a little picture on my temporary portfolio page:

http://members.rott.chello.nl/mvijfwinkel/portfolio/portfolio.html

(As you can see I'm new to all this organic stuff, the rest of my work is all about big bad machines... :) )

dmcgrath
08-25-2002, 10:23 PM
Very beautiful stuff on your portfolio, you make me jealous.
I think the helicopter blades are spinning too slow though(in the animation) It could be my video player, Im not sure, but it does look too slow. You do seem to have the correct proportion of the tail rotor spinning twice as fast as the the main rotor. Otherwise, that is some fantastic stuff.

-dan

dvornik
08-25-2002, 10:59 PM
I don't know. It's in la-yosh's wireframes collection, but I don't think he modelled it. There's a disclaimer in that directory.

kpalazov
08-26-2002, 08:04 AM
Thanks for you replies , in my research I had dound this image , but had not really noticed it was there until now.
Actually quite usefull in the way of the armpit.
I have been talking to a doctor next door to us and has drawn me some very useful sketches of that area so I think in combination with all your help I will get this arm pit thing fixed.

Marcel you are a great modeller , your woman character is fantastic, with well contructed emphasis:):), thanks for you help and to all others that reply. I will post my work as as soon as I am happy.

thanks again

take care

Kiril

Marcel
08-26-2002, 09:15 AM
I think the helicopter blades are spinning too slow though(in the animation) It could be my video player, Im not sure, but it does look too slow. You do seem to have the correct proportion of the tail rotor spinning twice as fast as the the main rotor. Otherwise, that is some fantastic stuff.

You are right about that, they spin only 600 degrees per second. Spinning faster resulted in a lot of trouble with motion blur.
In my demoreel I've sped up the first 2 seconds of the animation, so it has a slomo feel over it. My reel is nearly finished, I'll post a link to it in the gallery sometime this week.

Thanks for the compliments, really appreciated :)

Good luck with your shoulder Kiril!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.