PDA

View Full Version : Idle Hands....

obz
11-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Hello all, newbie here. So this is my first attempt in Zbrush, about 80% of the muscle and facial structure was modeled in maya with stadard poly tools, but kicked up a notch in Zbrush. I figured I would rather enhance and exsisting model of mine in Zbrush for a first time project rather than fumble with unfamiliar tools. Though, I can see in the near future switching gears more radically to Zbrush in terms of moscle massing etc. I have deffinatly found a new friend in the detailing tools though. After scrubbing though some of Meat's DVD lectures I was able to get in and take and average polygonal model and kick it up a few levels. Having him in the next room doesn't hurt either .

It's deffinatley a WIP but I was getting jealous of Alex and Meats having all the fun, so here he is...:applause:

http://www.seanmills3d.com/images/3Ds/satanRenderZDisplaceSSS180.jpg

http://www.seanmills3d.com/images/3Ds/satanRenderZDisplaceSSStopish.jpg

smooth
11-13-2004, 04:24 PM
i hope ur not so silly to call urself newbe..
this model rocks...:)

Dutchman
11-13-2004, 04:24 PM
WOOOW! Awesome job! That character design is just BRILLIANT! [reminds me a bit of some char from Alien vs Pretador (didn't saw the movie (yet) so don't know which one ;) )].The way you presented that muscles is really interesting! I'd be interesting in a unsmoothed version (just from Maya)... And is it rendered within ZB2?

Nice work!,

Gijs

Opossum
11-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Ohh that design is so evil and raw, used it as an supreme badguy insperation for an RPG event. The only thing I can complain about is the waist is to short... stretch it and he will look more "domestic" and not so chumpy.
The best demon design Ive seen in a looong time!

AlexAlvarez
11-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Sean, that looks killer... the only crit is that his butt is too flat... looks like he's pressing them against a piece of glass.

-Alex

obz
11-14-2004, 03:08 AM
i hope ur not so silly to call urself newbe..
Well I just mean with Zbrush, but thanks!

I'd be interesting in a unsmoothed version (just from Maya)... And is it rendered within ZB2?

I'll be sure to post the non-displaced subD soon. It's rendered in MR with surface approximation for the displacement, using the fast_simple SSS shader from the bonus tools.

stretch it and he will look more "domestic" and not so chumpy.
Domestic? Like a lapdog or a house wife??:twisted: :shrug: The length and width of the waist in synch with the human refference I chose for the torso arms and legs. I like that his body, although twisted, is of 'classic' proportions as opposed to a hulking or elongaded character.
I'll post the body reff inmages with the Maya model at some point.

looks like he's pressing them against a piece of glass.
Yeah, and this lighting scenario really kind of acentuates that...:(. I'll have to revise that quickly.

Thanks for the feedback folks, I'll post more stuff from this character soon. I'd like to get him skinned with a decent muscle deformation system, maybe I can talk my boss into buying the TK muscle plugin :) (nudge, nudge, ... wink, wink)

blakshep
11-18-2004, 04:38 PM
cthulhu rocks :-))

flingster
11-18-2004, 08:07 PM
wow...i really like the sort of boney/spiney sharp feel you have to this... kinda gives an semi emaciated feel to it in a strange way but helps increase the demon creepy feel to it...
good good work...and for an early fumble its damn impressive..:thumbsup:

meats
11-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I love (and am scared of) this model.

The truth is that this model looked excellent even before he brought it into Zbrush. Sean is a resident modeller here at the Gnomon workshop - he has some serious skills. He's been showing me some great tricks as well.
It's cool to see people like him getting into (and stoked on) Zbrush. It's going to be a good year for Pixologic :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.