PDA

View Full Version : Foundation sample scene crashes

CraigT
11-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Has anyone rendered at the "Simulation_Particles_Lava" sample scene? Every time I try, either with a Preview rendering or just rendering an area in the viewport, it crashes XSI. I tried several other similar samples and they were OK, though there may be a few issues, such as "Simulatation_Explosion_Combustion_V2" causes a number of errors to be listed even though it renders. The V1 version was fine- and looks great! Thanks.

kawallo
11-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Has anyone rendered at the "Simulation_Particles_Lava" sample scene? Every time I try, either with a Preview rendering or just rendering an area in the viewport, it crashes XSI.The message I obtain trying to render Simulation_Particles_Lava is: "failed to save sequence before system failure" :shrug:

CraigT
11-14-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the reply and it does confirm it isn't just me. :-)

revert
11-14-2004, 03:51 PM
I also receive the same error.

jorgevaldes
11-14-2004, 05:21 PM
http://www.lightspeed.com.mx/3d/xsi/error_lava.jpg
yeah, me too. IŽd like to know what the problem is.... anyone know?

revert
11-14-2004, 05:23 PM
...and it's not a foundation issue, i have the advanced academic version.

CraigT
11-15-2004, 06:35 AM
Thanks guys- looks like it's just a bum scene. :-) Too bad though since it looked pretty cool. I might look into it deeper in the future but I sure don't have time presently.

francescaluce
11-15-2004, 04:57 PM
some of the scenes.. use .map picture files.. that are in broadcast mode.. if they point to an inconsistent directory first mentalray freeze and immediately after xsi too.
change those paths.. the same for a lot of the other scenes.. that maybe are set to use cached particles but the cache directory is wrong or inconsistent.

ciao
francesca

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.