PDA

View Full Version : Add Edge Tool

Scarabrae
11-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi

Anyone had difficulty in getting the Add Edge tool to add eges at times? I can add edges but eventually my Add Edge Cursor will not highlight the next edge I am hovering over. Have experimented using with and without snapping but same baffling difficulty.

Thanks

http://www.btinternet.com/~peter_paterson/XSI/Modeling/add_edge_tool/AddEdgeTool.jpg

3dtutorial
11-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Hmmm...what type of graphics card do you have in your machine?

Is it on the XSI Certified Card list?

Is it an ATI by any chance?

It's possible that it could be related to this.

Just an idea.

Hope you get things sorted out.

Cheers,

Joe

Scarabrae
11-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi

I didn't think about it being a graphic card problem. I'll try another one I have about the place...at the moment it is an ATI :)

Cheers

3dtutorial
11-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Hi Scarabrae,

Yeah, if you can swap to another card (e.g. an Nvidia) you might have better luck.

ATI cards and XSI have been known to be problematic :sad:

Good luck, I hope this will work for you -- it's worth a try at least.

Cheers,

Joe

SpeccySteve
11-11-2004, 09:14 PM
I've seen this before, both on my home machine ( Nvidia , non certified ) and the colleges boxes ( similar spec to mine, Quadros ), no idea what causes it.

I sometimes found that either
1)Trying to add the edge in "object select" rather than edge / poly modes, or..
2)Exiting the tool then attempting to cut the edge from the other side.
Worked now and again..
Sorry I can't be of more help, there's probably a really obvious fix I've missed but I'm a bit new to all this.

JDex
11-11-2004, 10:12 PM
I have had this problem a few times as well on my laptop (Nvidia non-cert).

One thing that has always worked for me is:

When you click to select the edge... leave the mouse hovered over the edge for an extra second or two... it's just a delay in my experiences.

SpeccySteve
11-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Cheers JDex, I'll give that a go.

It's not a regular problem by any means but it does crop up just enough to be annoying, I'll see how that goes.

-Steve

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.