PDA

View Full Version : Tip for nVidia-based Video Card users

JoeW
11-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Not sure if this has been posted before, but if you have an nVidia based video card (Geforce, Quadro) having the Desktop Management features *enabled* can really hurt your video performance in XSI - especially in dual-monitor systems.

This can be checked two ways - either click on the nVidia icon in your taskbar and choose >nView Desktop Manager > nView properties (and make sure that the button says "Enable" under nView Desktop Manager - if it says "Disable" you want to click on it).

You can also get to this by right-clicking on your desktop and going to Properties>Settings>Advanced> (your video card tab)> and then clicking on the Desktop Management section of the little menu that pops out to the left of the display control panel.

I kind of discovered this by accident - I hope it saves some others the pain of wondering why your shiny new Geforce card is so damn slow in XSI..... it makes a BIG difference....

JoeW

matty429
11-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Good Call....I had to do this with the 66.93 Drivers...Xsi would simply close itself after the load screen..then I disabled nview desktop manager, and it works now....

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.