PDA

View Full Version : Volumic and Final Gathering

pseudopod
11-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Hello, I am trying to do a render using volumetric lights and rendering with final gathering -

I am getting rough square pixely banding chunks on the areas where the light beams overlap in the camera's perspective.

The light beams themselves do not cross over eachother, however they are infront of another in the view of the camera.

Please tell me how I can get rid of this problem. Or a work around

Thanks!

Iysun
11-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Did you apply the volumic propertie straight to the light? If so check your scene explorer and notice that it creates two ppgs you can fool around with, one on the light and one in the scene root, with the one in the scene root, try fooling aorund with the sampling steps, im pretty sure thats your problem.

Ablefish
11-11-2004, 02:38 AM
An alternative to applying volumic properties to lights is to apply it to a transparent cube that encompasses both lights. Try that out and you won't have to worry about overlapping volume shaders which can trip Mental Ray up at times. (Overlapping particle clouds can show the same behaviour).

In the Rendertree for the cube, get a Node->Volume->Volume Effects. Plug it into the volume port on the Material and inspect it. On the Lights tab, pick the two lights you want to be volumic.

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.