PDA

View Full Version : refresh bug in XSI 4.0?

pixel mixer
11-10-2004, 04:27 PM
hi alli just bought XSI and i'm having some troubles with the UI refresh. i have mainly 3 problems:
1. UI does not refresh in the animation editor or any deformer curve shape UI
http://www.digitalfx.ro/images/XSI-REFRESH-BUG.gif
i'm using a quadro 4 750 XGL using the XSI preset in the opengl tab (nvidia v61.77)
2. while rendering in render region i cannot change any colo parameter until in finishes the rendering, for any other slider it works but not on the colors
3. while playing a cloth sim i cannot stop it either using the down key or esc or pressing the stop/play button again

is this the normal behaviour?

thank you

adrian cruceru
digital FX

Eraq
11-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Have you tried driver version 56.77 its a certificated driver for you videocard according to softimage.com. Maybe you could give it a try..

Erik

Votch
11-10-2004, 07:00 PM
I have the same problem on a BOXX machine with the same video card. Actually all the BOXX machines we have with that video card have the same problem. And that's with the certified driver. But our Machines with Quadro 950's or even Geforce4's are fine.

Razorb
11-10-2004, 08:51 PM
I have the same problem on a FX3000, my problem also shows up in the animation editor when i zoom in or out.

qba3d
11-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Quadro FX500 works good...

I gues its a driver isue...
Q

cgJD
11-12-2004, 02:15 PM
I sometimes get another refresh type problem. If XSI 4 has been running for sometime, i occassionally get a situation where the screen gives me no feedback when manipulating anything in the viewports.

e.g if I move a cube - nothing will happen - until I click the viewports again at which point the cube jumps to where I moved it to.

Very annoying - and only a restart of XSI fixes it.

Anyone else get the same problem?

JD

wurp
11-12-2004, 02:36 PM
I would like to write a proper reply but I'm having a hard time reading gray text on a gray background.....

pixel mixer
11-12-2004, 07:21 PM
sorry, text is fixed now

how about the rest of the problems, render region interruption and cloth sim playback? anyone had the same problems?

thank you

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.