PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to create something like Posers conforming in XSI

HellBorn
11-10-2004, 11:28 AM
I would like to be able to make a human model and then put different clothe on it as in Poser.

This is done in poser as conforming clothes.
What it means is basically that you build the cloth as if it where a figure model with the same parts and names as in the figure itself. So when a cloth is put on the figure and is told to conform it just share the skeleton with the figure and the the parts get's automatically assigned to the correct bone as the have a matching name.

Now, if I where to do something as this in XSI.

How could I get a cloth put on top of a figure to follow the movment of the figure.

Is it possible to copy the weight mapping from the figure onto the cloth´and make it follow the skeleton?

As I understand it, almost any geometry can be used as a deformer in XSI. Is it possible to
use the figure mesh as the deformer for the cloth. It would mean something like the cloth being enveloped to the figure being enveloped to the skeleton. Is it possible to nest envelopes like this?

Or am I totally on the wrong track;)
Should I use dynamic clothes (I'm using Foundation) or something else?

ThE_JacO
11-10-2004, 12:27 PM
use the body as a cage deformer for the cloth
it's in deform>by cage

this basically uses ANY mesh as a lattice cage deforming any other kind of geometry.

HellBorn
11-10-2004, 12:57 PM
That sounds as a nice solution:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.