PDA

View Full Version : XSI net render on Linux

Ales Dlabac
11-09-2004, 11:15 PM
I wonder if is possible to install XSI for net render only on Linux machines which has not X windows installed? (and I think so) There is some possibility to install XSI from command line but I'm not sure if setup program will configure all needed things properly like services and so on . When I installed that way xsibatch is producing core dump. I have check out that every dynamicaly linked libraries are accessible to xsibatch and it's ok.

Please if anywhere is related topic could anyone point me right direction. I searched on web about this and find almost nothing.

TIA

Ales Dlabac

wmendez
11-10-2004, 04:28 AM
http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=14321;start=0#msg95577

Ales Dlabac
11-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Yes I know that thread because I have start it and all answers I checked out.

Thank you

Ales Dlabac

wmendez
11-10-2004, 10:48 AM
I am aware that you started it as I was the one that gave you a possible solution. The response I gave you would be a possible work around which I've confirmed with the Linux dev at Soft. Other than that we believe that what you want to do is not possible at this point in time.

Ales Dlabac
11-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Oh thank you wmendez, your advice on xsibase was useful and I have missed 1 library but this did not solved my problem. I'm surprised no one can't help I thought render farm on linux is more easier than on windows platform. Distributed rendering works ok because it uses ray command which runs without errors but I'm forced to use xsibatch instead. I would ask softimage support but I have not active maintanance so I just can't access it.

Thanks again I will keep searching

Ales Dlabac

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.