PDA

View Full Version : painting cracks in lips in 15.5b

ashe
11-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to paint in cracks in lips. Im very confused on how to approach it. On the one hand im using stencils and singer layered brushes to get an effect. THe other i tried is the 3d edit method of getting the cracks to look right under the stecil. This method doesnt seem to be working because everytime i divide the model things get really slow, and the cracks look blurred. Is it just that i have to use the right algha brush, im very confused can anyone help out? Im also a proud owner of a crappy p3 900mhz, but getting a new puter in 5 weeks.

Kanga
11-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Well if you paint your cracks and then subdivide they will smooth out, so your highest detail you do at your top subdivision level. Also I dont know if you are using an imported object or z spheres if it is an imported mesh you should ensure that there is enough geometry under the highest level of detail you are trying to create,

900 is slow you will notice an improvement with a quicker processor,.... also try buy extra memory.

GreenFish
11-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah, in order to get details such as cracks in lips, you have to at least have a surface of a million polys. And that's just for the head!

I haven't been able to create cracks in the lips unless there were at least a million polys.

GreenFish

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.