PDA

View Full Version : Connecting lipsynced head to body

iainbanks
11-09-2004, 05:52 PM
OK i've got my head and my body as seperate meshes. I've copied the head a few times to make the different mouth shapes for the lip sync.

When i connect the main head with its own custom parameters for the lip syncing back to the body it loses all the lip syncing parameters.

Is there a way of storing shapes for the head while it is still welded to the body?

Should i get the head lip syncing all set up and then just link it with the body but weld it.

What is the best way of doing this and then have it still working when it is all rigged and ready to animate.

Ps...using XSI 4.0

Cheers

cresshead
11-12-2004, 09:24 AM
use connect, i saw this exact thing being done at cgi festival in leeds u.k. on wednesday.

there are parameters to also take over materials and blend shapes/morphs as well...

you'll need to parent your head to the body rig in addition....i'm a very new user to xsi [lightwave/max artist]so can't at this point give you a step by step guide but i have seen this done so it is possible and looked quite simple..i even video'd the xsi demo so have it on tape which will be good for when i get more time on xsi.

steveg

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.