PDA

View Full Version : Re-Named Weight Maps and Morphs

Carbunkle
11-09-2004, 02:49 AM
Greetings, Lightwavers!

I'm new to Layout and I think I've just done a really stupid thing, and now feel like falling on my digital sword!

I've done loads of smartskin morphs in Modeller using RotateSkelegons. After the event, I had a not-so-bright idea of re-naming my weight maps as a general tidying up excercise. I've re-assigned the bones to the newly-named weight maps, but now find that JointMorphPlus dosen't work! The bones otherwise work fine and are correctly assigned to their re-named weight maps, according to BonesProperties.

So, to cut a long and very tedius story short, my question is this: will I now have to redo all of my smartskins again using the newly-named weight maps in order to be able to use JointMorphPlus?

Please, somebody, tell me I won't have to...!

Any advice from LW gurus would be ecstatically received!

All the best!

Carbunke - on the brink of a powerful multiple embolism!

faulknermano
11-09-2004, 03:36 AM
i dont see why you should redo anything. as long as you are referencing the correct weight map names (e.g the new ones) then it should work... unless somehow the names themselves are invalid? i forget if there is naming convention you must use... i dont recall it having one... but better check anyway.

kretin
11-09-2004, 05:35 AM
the weight maps that the bones are assigned to should have no connection to JMP which references the bone rotation, unless you've also renamed bones or morphs, which may cause problems. Either way I'd recommend going into the JMP settings and check them before stressing too much. You certainly shouldn't need to remake any morphs...

Carbunkle
11-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Howdy!

I'm really relieved you think I shouldn't have to redo my morph maps, Kretin and Faulknermano! Jayezon also pacified my raging trauma by saying the same thing!

I'll have to do some detective work: the bones are correctly assigned to their (newly named) weight maps and the geometry moves as expected when the bones are rotated, except for the fact that the morphs don't kick in. This is also confirmed by MorphMixer! There must be something else...! I think I've entered the Twigglet Zone! Or perhaps my computer is haunted?!

I'll let you know how I get on. Once I've figured this one out, IKBooster is the last remaining hurdle to clear!

Ernest thanx!

Carbunkle!

Carbunkle
11-12-2004, 12:52 AM
Salutory greetings, Lightwavers!

Well, I finally got JointMorphPlus to work! I think a lot of the problems I've had are due to my tempestuous computer!

For example, a little while ago I did a simple test scene in v7.5c, which will not open in v8! In fact, I get a crash every time I make the attempt to open it in v8!

I can only use ApplyMorf about four or five times in v8, after which I have to reboot in order to use it again!

My JointMorphPlus problems largely disappeared after I rebooted. However, the sliders in MorphMixer don't move, despite the morphs being applied by JointMorphPlus, although this dosen't make any practicle difference!

A few of the morphs in Layout don't bear a full resemblance to the ones I built in Modeller using RotateSkelegons!

Does anyone else suffer from these problems?

All the best!

Carbunkle!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.