PDA

View Full Version : Changing Grid Size ??

pixologie
11-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Hello,
I would like to change the Grid Size/Grid Subdivisions on the Viewport in XSI to snap more accurate. (How) Is that possible? I tried the reference plane, it's working, snapping, too..but
if I click to infinite, it's not infinite.

Any suggestions?

thx

Ablefish
11-09-2004, 01:31 AM
Sure, Shift-S to get the visibility properties of the viewport you want to work in (ctrl-shift-s for all) and go to the Visual Cues tab. That'll get you your grid settings - you can have different settings for snapping and display.

pixologie
11-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Oh, foolish me. I didn't realize it. I shouldn't work with XSI, when it is too late :)

Thx Ablefish! :thumbsup:

FiveTalents
08-16-2005, 05:22 AM
Sorry to revive this old thread as I run into a strange problem for a simple snap size setting, which I don't think warrant a new thread.

I set up U/V snap size to be 0.5 in Camera Visibility, and the Transform Increments for Translation to be 1. According to the manual, XSI will use 0.5 for snapping when I am in View Manipulation mode with "snap to Grid" on, and use 1 for incremental snapping when I use "Shift+drag" in translation operation. However, I can't seem to get XSI to use 0.5. No matter which mode I am in (Global, Local, View, or Shift+drag), XSI is always using 1 for snap size. I have tried different values and have found that XSI is always using the value in Transform Increments.

Something this simple can't be wrong... I don't know what I am missing? Is there some preference setting which may override the default behavior? BTW, I am using XSI 4.2 Advance (Academic). Any help is greatly appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2005, 05:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.