PDA

View Full Version : WIP: bazar

zilla
11-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi, I've been working on this for a while, and was quite happy with it. But the more finished the pic gets the more bland it looks. I'm not sure what to do to pull it back as putting lights or stronger colors on the left detracts from the characters on the right. I'd appreciate any C&C! cheers!
http://home.datacodsl.com/bluderart/images/CGTalk/detail07CGtalk.jpg

fersteger
11-10-2004, 04:53 AM
IMO the two figures need more shadow on them, as it is now the back figure pops way forward from where he is actually standing, and the front figure looks pasted on because the lighting of the figure doesnt match with the lighting of the scene. The left side of the front figure should be shaded, if a shadow is cast on the ground by her body, the parts of her body in the shadow should be dark. I think you should lessen the contrast further in the background to make it recede further. Anyways that would improve the piece a lot I think.

zilla
11-11-2004, 12:31 AM
thanks fersteger, gives me some ideas on where to go next!! will post again when I've made some changes! cheers!:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.