PDA

View Full Version : Free Gaming Plugins for Max & Maya from NDL

dark_lotus
08-23-2002, 10:50 AM
"Now artists and producers can see how characters will move, perform and look in-game, without leaving your favorite 3D program. Render your 3D art 'into-the-game' instantly and speed the workflow of your entire development team. Click now to download these free tools - brought to you by NDL, the maker of NetImmerse, the top-rated 3D game engine behind popular titles like Star Trek Bridge Commander, Dark Age of Camelot, Morrowind and Freedom Force."

http://www.ndl.com/roi/ndl_cmpn.html

Source: Gama Network

FatAssasin
08-23-2002, 07:17 PM
Anyone have some hands on experience with NetImmerse? It looks impressive enough.

mebamonster
08-24-2002, 10:40 PM
I have been working with netimerse for 6 months now. I have not worked with any other engine, so I cannot offer you a comparison. I can express that the documentation not only supports the programmers, but it also supports the artists. It includes sample files that you can open and see where you are going wrong in addition to text.
As a character modeler/animator, I have to say that being able to see the result in maximerse does help to save export time, but it is not perfectly accurate as to what you will see in the final product. NDL also offers sceneimerse (which gives you a more accurate portryal of your scene and objects) and animerse which allows the artist to view their exported animations before handing them off to the programmers. All of these allow you to tumble around and see different views of the exported items.
On the programming end (from what I understand), NDL offers impressive support as well.
I don't know if this helps anyone as I don't know what the other engines do/don't do. Just know that you need to allow yourself and you staff a little bit of time to figure everything out before leaping into production with it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.