PDA

View Full Version : Surfacing with weightmaps...

log
02-06-2002, 10:38 PM
Anyone here with any experience in surfacing with weightmaps? I'm trying right now, but it just wont work. I've entered a weightmap on my mesh, a part has the value of 100%, while the rest of the mesh hast the value of -100%.

Now, i've added a gradient map with blending mode set to alpha and the input to weight. I set the 100% to black and -100% to white, but the weightmap won't change, the whole texture fades instead of only where the weight is! Gah, this is driving me crazy!

jinx
02-07-2002, 01:36 PM
You need 3 keys for this to work. One at paramater-100, one at 0 and one at +100. You also only need your object to have weight values of 0 all over and +100 where you want your texture. Then your gradient can be eiither an alpha for underlying texture layers( use -100,0,100 and black, black, white for paramater and alpha values) or a color gradient( use 0,0,100 for alpha values at -100,0,100 again and whatever color you like).

You may want to take a look at the bottom of the page here: http://www.blochi.com/gfx/gradients_en.html

log
02-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I tried the tutorial, and that was exactly the way I had done it. But I must have messed it up somehow.
I got it to work finaly though. I'd messed up the weightmaps somehow, I tried different ways of applying weights and it finaly worked!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.