PDA

View Full Version : LW and my computer

Memodin
08-23-2002, 06:38 AM
Ok.
I have changed my computer from AMD to intel cpu(p4-1600a).
Also changed my mainboard to intel (abit bd7-II)

I am using XP. And LW 7.5.

But it still crashes when i click right mouse button to open a menu box in surface editor, it crashes and exits.

There is a bad stability problem of mine.

I dont use complicated meshes or objects.

Simpe object and when surfacing it, i am clicking right mouse button (for ex. adding shader or copying pasting something) it crashes.

Do u have same problems guys? Why why why?
:rolleyes:

DeViSoR
08-23-2002, 07:06 AM
hmm did you ever try out a other gfx card? It might be your gfx card.... And it is also a possibility that your psu is the faulth.

Kaiser_Sose
08-23-2002, 07:17 AM
From reading your post it seems like you have some sort of graphics conflict. What card are you using

Memodin
08-23-2002, 07:50 AM
Sory i forgot

it is 128mb GF3 ti 200 (3.8.02 driver version)

Can it be about the driver version?

Hmm... let me try another. But i dont think so.

Naisart
08-23-2002, 08:32 PM
It may also be the harddrive. I had a similar problem not so long ago, whenever I tried to work with bones in Layout, it would crash. I tried differant drivers, differant operating systems but it would still crash. I would also get a lot of bluescreens now and then. But then I ran chkdsk (or something like that) in DOS and it said that my harddrive had errors that couldnīt be fixed. So I took one harddrive out, reinstalled everything on the other and that fixed my problem.

So if you have another harddrive you should try what I did.
Maybe itīll fix the problem.

Memodin
08-23-2002, 08:54 PM
Thanks for replies

I have a new Segate barracuda 60 gb. hdd .
No errors about hdd.

But i realized that, especially ozone3d - 2 demo is causing the crash.

In any case the problem is about that.

UnrealSnowman
08-23-2002, 09:54 PM
I had a few lockups with my QuadroDCC card in Lightwave while using the newest drivers from nvidia. I tested a few yet newer beta drivers.. with no luck.. Still it locks up, and hang the whole system!

If you go to nvidia's site you can check what driver that is certified for certain apps. It states that the v12.41 is the certified driver for the nvidia family (no gf4driver in that version) and that driver solved my problems..
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20010723_6513

The driver was a bit slow when it came to gaming so I wanted to find a newer one that worked good.. I found out that PNY v29.80 runs damn good allround' :thumbsup:

You can find the driver here:
http://www.pny.com/quadro/support/

My machine is much like yours (P4 2.4 + AbitIT7 + GF3modded to QuadroDCC) So I hope it's only this driver that will get you going! :thumbsup:

Memodin
08-24-2002, 12:47 AM
wow...

How can i convert my gf3 to a quadrodcc? That will be great.

Also, how much performance am i going to have?

How can i understand that?

Thanks.

:)

UnrealSnowman
08-24-2002, 10:21 AM
Go to google and do a search on "mod quadro geforce" should put a few links up :thumbsup:

However, i did it becourse I come from Maya. Maya require OpenGL overlay for imageplanes and so. I believe Lightwave OpenGL runs good on most cards.

So if you ask me:
Don't risk ****ing up your card if not you use 3dsmax (let's you run dedicated drivers for max) or Maya.

You can do the 'hack' with a tool called Rivaturner, but this is a pure software way, and some have problems getting it to work - I did it the hardware way(actually before the card touched the motherboard for the first time - A risk!)

PNelson
09-03-2002, 04:21 AM
I love the nVidia cards, but would strongly urge you to download the reference drivers from nVidia's website.. Detonator Drivers..

Most the graphic card problems that I've had are cleared up when using the reference drivers..

Hope this helps.

See Ya,
Philip Nelson
NewTek
Director of Worldwide Sales

DigitalDeuce
09-03-2002, 04:28 AM
Absolutely. NVidea and their drivers.

Love 'em.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.