PDA

View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Matt Kearney

Matt K
11-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Matt Kearney has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Matt K
11-07-2004, 08:24 AM
This is my first challenge! I am amazed at how much good stuff is already in!

Work permitting, I hope to get my entry done in time and look forward to being part of this community.

Here's my idea:

Peace at last…

After a long and bloody war, mankind and his alien enemies have finally reached the point of collapse and ended the centuries old war. After so many years of hate and fear, the two races have finally found common ground.

A pivotal moment in history unfolds as the prejudice, hate and fear of the war are shed, and a future of learning and peace is at last realised in this first act of reconciliation:

We see a soldier at his post, offering a flower (a Strelizia – a strange and beautiful South African flower) to the approaching alien. The soldier also holds a long white flag, a pure symbol for this first day of peace, the birth of a new understanding and embracing of new ideals. The hovering alien is reaching for the flower – she is both frightening and beautiful.

In the background we see a grand, dramatic sky, filled with huge space craft and majestic, towering clouds. It is early morning and the first rays of the sun are stiking the clouds, lining them with gold.

The city skyline is visible on the horizon, huge towers behind a fortress wall, now opened and draped with white banners.

Hope you guys like it! Will post sketches soon!

Matt K
11-07-2004, 11:19 AM
(Hopefully this post will show...)

Peace at last…
After a long and bloody war, mankind and his alien enemies have finally reached the point of collapse and ended the centuries old war. After so many years of hate and fear, the two races have finally found common ground.

A pivotal moment in history unfolds as the prejudice, hate and fear of the war are shed, and a future of learning and peace is at last realised in this first act of reconciliation:

We see a soldier at his post, offering a flower (a Strelizia – a strange and beautiful South African flower) to the approaching alien. The soldier also holds a white flag, a pure symbol for this first day of peace, the birth of a new understanding and embracing of new ideals. The hovering alien is reaching for the flower – she is both frightening and beautiful.

In the background we see a grand, dramatic sky, filled with space craft and majestic, high clouds. It is early morning and the first rays of the sun are striking the clouds, lining them with gold.

The city skyline is visible on the horizon, huge towers behind a fortress wall, now opened and draped with white banners.

I will post WIPs and sketches soon. Good luck everyone!

Matt K
11-08-2004, 05:06 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/5126/5126_1099937217_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/7/5126/5126_1099937217_large.jpg)

As soon as I get my scanne rworking, I'll upload my concept sketches. Here's some examples of how the modelling is going.

Any comments welcome!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.