PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush demo 1.55 help

3dsmaxnoob
11-07-2004, 04:01 AM
Hello, I just downloaded the Zbrush demo 1.55 because I kept seeing adds for "Zbrush" everywhere and I had previously never heard of it :/.

Anyways I've got several other 3d applications on my computer so I'm not exactly a stranger to them, but I can't seem to figure out how to... select things in Zbrush ... It sounds kind of stupid and embarassing, but I ran the first 20 or so Zscripts and messed around quite a bit, but after accidentally selecting other tools and objects, I can't seem to figure out how to go back to one of the previous objects I was working with. Seems kind of embarassing posting this at a professional CG forum but since this was the only place where I got help with my 3ds max questions I figured what the hell.

Anyways, thanks in advance for whatever help you guys can offer.

aminuts
11-07-2004, 04:21 AM
Welcome to ZB.

As you have found out it's a bit different than what you may be used to in other programs. It has limits in the ways you work with objects but they are for a reason which you will eventually come to understand.

In zb you can only work on one tool at a time. Should you change tools the first tool is "snapshot" to the screen and becomes pixols....pixels with depth and it is no longer editable until you choose it again and redraw it from the tool menu.

A great place to catch all the questions you are going to ask next are in the FAQ forum at zbrush central.....take a spin thru there and you'll see many have walked the same road as you. I know I did. It has a different learning curve but it is not a difficult one IMHO as long as you allow yourself to be free of previous 3d app concepts and experiences......just think about creating and all will come to you sooner than you think on your first go at it.

also read the 1.55 manual that comes with the demo....it will explain alot that the scripts in the demo might assume you already know.

other than that....play with it....quickest way to learn it.

soon you will be hooked and become another Zbombie.

3dsmaxnoob
11-07-2004, 04:24 AM
ok nvm then you answered my question :).

I noticed in the Tool floatmenu/palette the object I'm working on shows up there, so I just reselect it and redraw it? I guess that means I have to delete the older one though (the one I can no longer free-edit because they're "pixols").

aminuts
11-07-2004, 04:50 AM
yeah....redraw it....you can clear thescreen by going to layers menu and clicking clear layer button......can't remember 100% but I think ctrl-n is the shortcut for that action.....if not that then hahaha ctrl-c......sorry it's been awhile since I used that feature.....someone will chime in soon and correct me if you haven't had a chance to try either yet.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.