PDA

View Full Version : aligning components

the_zed_axis
11-06-2004, 09:37 PM
hey guys
i am new to xsi and i was wondering if you could tell me how to align vertices/faces on a axis
like max has this feature that allows you to align faces to view etc
maya has a script that aligns components along the selected axis
is there anything like that in xsi

Ablefish
11-07-2004, 04:32 AM
First thing to do is make sure that Transform->Collapse Points for Snapping/Absolute Transform is toggled on. Otherwise, when you try to align a selection of points, it will align the center of the selection instead of each individual point.

Once that's done, you can use the transformation modes to align them anyway you please.

For example, set the mode to Global and type in 3 in Translate Y. All those points will flatten to global 3+.

Or, right-click on the REF button, and pick the type of element you want to align to (face, edge, etc), select it and then type 0 in Scale Y, or transform, or whatever. The points will use an axis based on whatever reference object/component you chose.

Cheers,

the_zed_axis
11-07-2004, 11:00 PM
thanks man appreciate it..

any way to change the background colour in render/preview render

all i found was the rgb amd the rgb alpha display
i tried render>render options to change background colour from black to a lighter colour but when i do a preview render its still black and when i do a render its all greyed out

i need to get a xsi foundation book or something. sorry guys but i am a hardcore maya user

Ablefish
11-08-2004, 04:38 PM
No worries. If you go Pass->Edit->Current Pass, you will open up a property page that controls Output, Environment and Volume shaders for the pass. If you go to the Output tab you can add a 2D_background_pic to add an image in the bg, or 2D_background_color to add a straight color. "Inspect" to adjust the shader. You have to have Output shaders enabled in the render options(and region options for previews).

the_zed_axis
11-09-2004, 09:23 PM
thanks man:)
really appreciate it

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.