PDA

View Full Version : Import UV's in zbrush

AdrianLazar
11-06-2004, 06:46 AM
Hello,
let's say that i made a model in xsi, also in xsi i'm made the uv's coord for this model. I import the model in zbrush and i stat adding details... but in this time, in xsi i realise that i must redone the uv's (but not the geometry). It is possible in some way to import this new uv's to the object in zbrush already is being modified (adding details)
Thank you,
Adrian
ps: excuse my bad english

AdrianLazar
11-06-2004, 07:54 PM
From your "replys" i understand that is not possbile...
Thanks, is good to know

meats
11-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Oxyg3n -

You can do this.

Go to your lowest version of your object (the one with the old UVs).

Press the morphtarget> store morph target button.

Fix the UV's in your external program (XSI in your case).

Import the new model (new UV's) into the model of your old UV's.

Press morphtarget> switch geometry.

Good to go.

aminuts
11-07-2004, 04:30 AM
Oxyg3n.....patience when seeking answers on any forum is a must. You may see many people in the forum but they may not have the answer you seek. If you had gone to Zbrush Central and did a search you would have found your answer within seconds.....a thing to keep in mind for your next question should you require immediate answers!

Also monitors may not be watching 24/7 even though they may try their best....remember most forums are gonna be in a different time zone than you are in and that may cause delays too....ie they may be working at their real jobs when you pose your question and it may take 10 minutes or 5 hours to get an answer from anybody let alone a moderator.

Patience is a must when dealing with online forums, even when one is frustrated and pulling out hair!!...been there!!!:)

AdrianLazar
11-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Thank you meats,
aminuts, my bad, sorry :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.