PDA

View Full Version : Zbrushed hand, first detailed sculpt

ZippZopp
11-05-2004, 02:19 AM
I'm taking Meats Meier's Zbrush class at gnomon and i'm working on a full character that i modeled in maya. i've been detailing the character. trying to get in close and get some high res details. here is what i've got so far for his hand....

any comments are welcome

http://www2.trincoll.edu/~czoppi/Hand.jpg

LewisD
11-05-2004, 03:27 AM
That looks great, I love the vein detail. Can't wait to see the whole character.

lovisx
11-05-2004, 10:12 PM
the end joint on the thumb is too long, and stubby. And the tendons in the fingers seem to be too thin and would not be visible in that pose. Other than that it's leave a very good impression.

I really like the pores. If you could post how you did the pores and skin wrinkles, that would be great.

ZippZopp
11-05-2004, 10:48 PM
thanks for the feedback...
as for getting the texture on the hand, i first went over it really quick with a stencil of one of the bumpy alphas just to break up the smoothness, then i used projection master and the default brush with a very small brush size. i basically was just cross hatching the hand to get that skin texture

rebo
11-05-2004, 11:42 PM
The thumb when extended should be no longer than the first knuckle on the smallest finger. In your model its too long, and also squared off at the end. There should be almost (flattens off around .25 cm from tip) constant curvature from the thumbs second knuckle to the tip of the thumb.

I am interested how this is part of a bigger model. Are you modelling the parts seperate or are you doing one huge model. If the former how are you combining them? thanks.

ZippZopp
11-06-2004, 12:13 AM
it is one big model, the rest of it was hidden in zbrush to make it a little bit faster. i had been playing with the idea of breaking it up and detailing each piece so it could have its own displacement map, but then the thought of trying to piece it all together and have it look right made me not do it. i really just started detailing it yesterday, i did a little more work today, once i get a little further along i'll post some more.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.