PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a certain animator (forgot name)

CarlCampbell
11-04-2004, 08:47 PM
I once download a bunch of shorts made by this guy along with some of Plympton's work. His first name was Don or Ron or something like that and his last name was similar to Fitzgerald (not too sure). He made VERY simple animations, with stick figures and only in black and white, at least the short that I saw... I think it was called "Love Hurts" or something like that and told the story of a character getting turned down by various girls until in the end that he says "I have money!" to which the girl replies "I love you!".

I know it may sound awkward... But I'd really like to find this animation again as I mentioned it in Traditional Anim. class yesterday and I'd like to show it to my teacher as an example. I hope some of you know who I'm talking about above...

Thanks in advance!

Remi
11-04-2004, 09:13 PM
I remember what you're talking about....alas...my memory is failing me where I saw it. DAMN!! Funny stuff though....not all that great on the animation side of things if I remember correctly though. Have you tried google and the other major search engines? It'll probably be on there.

Oupalline
11-04-2004, 09:50 PM
the guy's name is Don Hertzfeldt. his website is http://www.bitterfilms.com/

the guy has a great sense of "awkard" timiing, and he's shorts are classic. rejected

CarlCampbell
11-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Thats the one! Thank you SO MUCH Oupalline! The short I had seen was "Ah! L'amour!" Brilliant stuff indeed! I brought the subject up in class because we were talking about different styles of drawing and how a good idea with funny execution can beat the need for top-artist quality drawing. Thanks for shedding the light!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.