PDA

View Full Version : New long ds gameplay footage

danydrunk
11-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Im just posting this for the people who hasnt seen the ds in action, or havent seen a lot of it in action. If after seeing this you still say its not innovative.....then I guess Ill give up. This is not anti psp post, just to show you what the ds can do:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nwt/dssoft/movie/dssoft.html

Jeff Lew
11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
I wasn't really interested in the DS until now! That gameplay with the stylus is funky. Plus I saw a DS version of Advance Wars!! And what is up with that game where you rub the girl? A little strange.

Jeff

NanoGator
11-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Damn that looks cool.

Yaaaaay finally some innovative game play!

lanedaughtry
11-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Im just posting this for the people who hasnt seen the ds in action, or havent seen a lot of it in action. If after seeing this you still say its not innovative.....then I guess Ill give up. This is not anti psp post, just to show you what the ds can do:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nwt/dssoft/movie/dssoft.html
I'm replying to this danydrunk just to say your sig cracked me up.

That is all for now.

-L

danydrunk
11-04-2004, 09:24 PM
I'm replying to this danydrunk just to say your sig cracked me up.

That is all for now.

-L
Sorry but I dont understand what "cracked me up" means, english is not my first language. So is it like somehting funny? or is it disrispectfull for you?

NanoGator
11-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Sorry but I dont understand what "cracked me up" means, english is not my first language. So is it like somehting funny? or is it disrispectfull for you?

If somebody says "You crack me up", it always means "you make me laugh". It's nearly always a compliment. ;)

erilaz
11-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Yay! Developers are going to have a field day with this thing.:D

JulianHo
11-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Definitely looks like a fun system to play with. :)
Touching is good for you.

opus13
11-04-2004, 11:51 PM
ok, now the big question: if it can be used as a PDA/organizer... can i slip it past my fiance?

DevilHacker
11-05-2004, 02:23 AM
Is Pink the official DS color? :curious:
It seems that everything DS has pink... :curious:

Just Look at some pictures from the DS event in Japan!

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/563/563165/touch-ds-coverage-20041103061009589.jpg

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/563/563165/touch-ds-coverage-20041103061008652.jpg

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/563/563165/touch-ds-coverage-20041103061009198.jpg

danydrunk
11-05-2004, 03:30 AM
only in the japanese advertisements

cREATURE hARMONY
11-05-2004, 08:56 PM
its only pink in japanese advertisements because Japanese pop star Utada is the spokesperson for the DS and her favorite color is pink. :cool:

Geta-Ve
11-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Pink is a cool color *thumbs up* Like the Pink Panther, and you know how cool he was!

Geta-Ve
11-06-2004, 05:26 PM
And on that note after watching the actual vid, I have to say ive been swayed from getting a psp to getting a ds.... seriously... unless psp can counter THAT.... i mean... psp has the grafix which im all for but god damn that ds looked fun.. and that chat thing.. picto chat they call it i think? man oh man... drawing pac man! like i was never sure how it would really work but im very pleasently surprised..

just makes me wonder what they have in store for Revolution.... *drools*

DevilHacker
11-06-2004, 05:53 PM
And on that note after watching the actual vid, I have to say ive been swayed from getting a psp to getting a ds.... seriously... unless psp can counter THAT.... i mean... psp has the grafix which im all for but god damn that ds looked fun.. and that chat thing.. picto chat they call it i think? man oh man... drawing pac man! like i was never sure how it would really work but im very pleasently surprised..

just makes me wonder what they have in store for Revolution.... *drools*Check out some of PSP's Gameplay footage at Gamesages (http://psp.ign.com/)...
Than make a decision...

Ridge Racers for DS:
http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/562/562574/ridge-racer-ds-20041101052826772.jpg

Ridge Racers for PSP:
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/563/563842/ridge-racers-20041105065303240.jpg

klingspor
11-06-2004, 06:24 PM
I'll be getting a DS, too... finally something new in terms of gameplay! That's what I felt the current generation of hardware (xbox, ps2 and gc) really lacked, the games being pretty much the same as the generation before, just with some spiced up graphics. Same for the PSP.

But this thing offers a completely new way of doing stuff, and from the video it looks like they found a lot of fun ways to play with it!

whizpopper1
11-06-2004, 07:04 PM
how much will one of these mothas cost me

SpiralFace
11-06-2004, 07:48 PM
how much will one of these mothas cost me
Right now I think it will run you around 200 dollars for one. But undoutably they will reduce the price in order to compete with the PSP. I'm personaly going to wait till the next E3 to pick one up. Concidering they might reduce the price by then. Also just like any system launch, there's not all that many games that will be available at launch, so I want to see what developers are going to do with it before I invest in one. Many are making interesting Ideas on how to use the touch screen, lets see where they take the system.

danydrunk
11-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Nope, the official price is 150 bucks, and it comes with picto chat and a demo of metroid prime. + the stylus.

Geta-Ve
11-06-2004, 08:58 PM
DevilHacker - Trust me on this, the only system Ive actually considered getting up to this point was the psp, ive soaked up every last bit of information I could find and was so hyped, and hey, I was even on the nintendo bashing bandwagon, the only nintendo console ive ever owned was the original nintendo and the 64.

All it took was one video to completely sway me from psp to ds.... for the simple reason the ds looks sooooo freaking fun to use, and that picto chat is a real draw (no pun intended ;))

sure psp has the graffix and the cool games.. but what about innovation?? it has (as far as im aware) nothing like the innovation nintendo is offering..

superlayer
11-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Heck I will get both of them.
I am very impressed with the DS and happy that Nintendo has done something good for the game industry by introducing something truly original.
the games look fun.

But on ther other hand the PSP is crisp and has some godly games for it such as gran Turismo 4.

If I have the money I will get both. Love them gadgets.

DevilHacker
11-07-2004, 01:44 AM
Hey everyone, now this might sound stupid but, I own all the Nintendo consoles, and have not bought a playstation, or PS2…
But I bought a Xbox instead of the gamecube because the Cube had no good games… NOT AT ALL!

Plus graphics are always a big deal for me along with Online play, (hint my Xbox).
Now as far as I see, PSP has both of those so right now I am leaning towards PSP!

Derrie
11-07-2004, 01:48 AM
Uh... ok then. Cool i guess.

DevilHacker
11-07-2004, 02:11 AM
LOL, is this what you call innovation?

Milking the cow? (http://media.ds.ign.com/media/695/695643/vid_983516.html?mu=http%3A%2F%2Fdsmovies.ign.com%2Fds%2Fvideo%2Farticle%2F563%2F563991%2Fharvestmoon_110504_01_qtlow.mov)

danydrunk
11-07-2004, 02:28 AM
And you are saying that the xbox has better games than the gamecube? I might believe you if you said the ps2......but the xbox? apart from halo series (which I personally dont like) what other xbox exclusive game is THAT good thats not on the gamecube?.......

t-man152
11-07-2004, 02:32 AM
If somebody says "You crack me up", it always means "you make me laugh". It's nearly always a compliment. ;) unless your saying something serious in which case "you crack me up" means your statement is so stupid it makes me laugh and that is not a complement.

just adding that to confuse (evil laugh:Muahahahahahahahaha)

danydrunk
11-07-2004, 02:40 AM
unless your saying something serious in which case you crack me up means your statement is so stupid it makes me laugh and that is not a complement.

just adding that to confuse (evil laugh:Muahahahahahahahaha)

noooo now im confused !! jejee I dont think my sig could be considered "stupid" in any case it could be offensive for some people but I dont think this is the case
:scream:

gigantor
11-07-2004, 05:14 AM
Its like buying a 150 dollar button that you wear in public that says " I never get Laid".

Recursive
11-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Check out some of PSP's Gameplay footage at Gamesages (http://psp.ign.com/)...
Than make a decision...

Ridge Racers for DS:
http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/562/562574/ridge-racer-ds-20041101052826772.jpg

Ridge Racers for PSP:
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/563/563842/ridge-racers-20041105065303240.jpg

Does the psp support full scene antialiasing?
Those lampposts are antialiased pretty well.

DevilHacker
11-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Does the psp support full scene antialiasing?
Those lampposts are antialiased pretty well.I am not sure about full scene antialiasing...
Maybe you can tell from the screens below, I am going to go find out...

PS: I think that we are spelling antialiasing wrong, but i know what your talking about... :shrug:
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/563/563842/ridge-racers-20041105065301350.jpg

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/563/563842/ridge-racers-20041105065300865.jpg

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/563/563842/ridge-racers-20041105065302053.jpg

Renderman_XSI
11-07-2004, 07:20 PM
I am not sure about full scene antialiasing...
Maybe you can tell from the screens below, I am going to go find out...

PS: I think that we are spelling antialiasing wrong, but i know what your talking about... :shrug:
As far as i know it doesnt support HW FSAA, but it does have HW morphing, and NURBS.

Im a big 2D RPG fan, seem the PSP has a really nice one call "Ys Ark of Napisthim"

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0405/game051704g.shtml

You can see abit of its gameplay footage ,along with other PSP titles here:

http://www.unitedgames.co.uk/psp/

As far as demo is concern, its unofficail but they want to release demos to the public, probably each company well put their demo online and you'll download it into the PSP, store it on the memory stick. Yeah you can execute programs from the memory stick. So you can download all the demos you want before buying the game.

oh yeah, Sony is working on a new MMORPG for the PSP also.

remember what i said about the third party developers :D it still holds true

the_italian_pimp
11-07-2004, 08:27 PM
rite i hate to be one bigassed killer but checkin out tht psp on ign it seems tome it has the
same capabilitys as the ds in graphics tht ridgeracer image for psp is a movie seen n check the special effects demo for da ds tht shows it can pull of sum gd stuff wait n see and i hateto be a moaner but if the gfx of the psp are so good how come metal gearsolid acid looks like a ps1 game but wait the ds can reach higher thn the n64 in gfx so psp-64bit max shall me say n hmmmmmmmm ds 94bit i dunno lets wait n see because as a true gamer you shud kno that they never release a game that maxamises the console until near the end of it's life..............n ninty will win console waras the reveloution n ds are brand new products they are still to give us news on the GC2 and the GBA2..so there got my point across i joined this form for this exact reason:D

Recursive
11-07-2004, 10:46 PM
rite i hate to be one bigassed killer but checkin out tht psp on ign it seems tome it has the
same capabilitys as the ds in graphics tht ridgeracer image for psp is a movie seen n check the special effects demo for da ds tht shows it can pull of sum gd stuff wait n see and i hateto be a moaner but if the gfx of the psp are so good how come metal gearsolid acid looks like a ps1 game but wait the ds can reach higher thn the n64 in gfx so psp-64bit max shall me say n hmmmmmmmm ds 94bit i dunno lets wait n see because as a true gamer you shud kno that they never release a game that maxamises the console until near the end of it's life..............n ninty will win console waras the reveloution n ds are brand new products they are still to give us news on the GC2 and the GBA2..so there got my point across i joined this form for this exact reason:D
I can't read your text, there might be some bugs in it

DevilHacker
11-08-2004, 12:24 AM
same capabilitys as the ds in graphics tht ridgeracer image for psp is a movie seen n check the special effects demo for da ds tht shows it can pull of sum gd stuff wait n see and i hateto be a moaner but if the gfx of the psp are so good how come metal gearsolid acid looks like a ps1 game but wait the ds can reach higher thn the n64 in gfx so psp-64bit max shall me say n hmmmmmmmm ds 94bit i dunno lets wait n see because as a true gamer you shud kno that they never release a game that maxamises the console until near the end of it's life..............n ninty will win console waras the reveloution n ds are brand new products they are still to give us news on the GC2 and the GBA2..so there got my point across i joined this form for this exact reason:DWhat?
use microsoft word
:)

HamsaPaksham
11-08-2004, 01:57 AM
loved it!!! Amazing, it will kill PSP and japanese people are already prefering DS rather PSP, I read that in a poll they made.

DevilHacker
11-08-2004, 02:16 AM
loved it!!! Amazing, it will kill PSP and japanese people are already prefering DS rather PSP, I read that in a poll they made.
LOL, what poll would that be?

tauism
11-08-2004, 02:17 AM
how can u not love slicing up stuff with the stylus?

hehe, that game looks fun

DevilHacker
11-08-2004, 02:19 AM
the operation game is not comming to America...
:sad:

But, ya i thought that it looked cool too.

HamsaPaksham
11-08-2004, 02:24 AM
Itīs serious.
Iīm not kidding, but it was like three months ago and I cannot remember the source.

But wait till they both hit the stores and youīll see!!

I have a PS2 and I was a Nintendo fan in the past, but I got disappointed by their stubbornness.

Iīm really impressed with this new thingy!!! Iīll definetly buy it.

DevilHacker
11-08-2004, 02:27 AM
When do people in Brazil get the DS?
:surprised

HamsaPaksham
11-08-2004, 02:30 AM
I really donīt know, but why are you asking me that? hmmmm.

Nintendo doesnt have a representative in Brazil anymore. Itīs really sad.
Maybe Iīll have to import it.

DevilHacker
11-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Nintendo games aren’t region free...
So unless you can read another language...

HamsaPaksham
11-08-2004, 02:59 AM
Well, you put a small surprised gif in your phrase. I UNDERSTAND NOW. You think civilization only exists in America or maybe Japan, a little bit in Europe.

We are all sons of the same GOD. And Iīm very proud of being brazilian, since we have a beatiful culture, wich respects the difference, wich doesnt produce wars, and wich respect the nature. Very different from another culture wich call itself civilized and rich, but is a country in the 3th millenium producing wars civilized? Is that country wich pollutes 1/5 of the Earth civilized? The same country that doesnt accept to stop emmiting toxic gases because itīll cost too much to their industries? With people so intelligent that elected a dictator worst than Hitler?

You think we live in a jungle, surrounded by monkies. You are surprised cause Iīm a blonde white boy who has a computer and speaks English? Or what?

Iīm a swiss and a german descendant, and my family was VERY rich before they ran from war in Germany and came to Brazil.

Youīre so wrong! Brazil has a culture as varied as the europeans and americans.
We have people from all over the world here. The biggest colony of japanese people outside Japan live in Brazil.

The majority of Germans and millions of Italian, Spanish, African, Portuguese, Polish, Ukranian, Russian, Swiss, Austrian, Chinese people came to Brazil and formed our people.

We are not "poor" as you are picturing. We are one of the biggest economies in the world too.

danydrunk
11-08-2004, 04:22 AM
Well, you put a small surprised gif in your phrase. I UNDERSTAND NOW. You think civilization only exists in America or maybe Japan, a little bit in Europe.

We are all sons of the same GOD. And Iīm very proud of being brazilian, since we have a beatiful culture, wich respects the difference, wich doesnt produce wars, and wich respect the nature. Very different from another culture wich call itself civilized and rich, but is a country in the 3th millenium producing wars civilized? Is that country wich pollutes 1/5 of the Earth civilized? The same country that doesnt accept to stop emmiting toxic gases because itīll cost too much to their industries? With people so intelligent that elected a dictator worst than Hitler?

You think we live in a jungle, surrounded by monkies. You are surprised cause Iīm a blonde white boy who has a computer and speaks English? Or what?

Iīm a swiss and a german descendant, and my family was VERY rich before they ran from war in Germany and came to Brazil.

Youīre so wrong! Brazil has a culture as varied as the europeans and americans.
We have people from all over the world here. The biggest colony of japanese people outside Japan live in Brazil.

The majority of Germans and millions of Italian, Spanish, African, Portuguese, Polish, Ukranian, Russian, Swiss, Austrian, Chinese people came to Brazil and formed our people.

We are not "poor" as you are picturing. We are one of the biggest economies in the world too.

Hey men I think you are over reacting, chill out, no reason to get defensive

DaJuice
11-08-2004, 05:24 AM

Good lord! Use punctuation, I can't afford to lose any more brain cells.

mackster
11-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Hey!
I've been looking really forward to the release of the Nintendo DS, even though it's not going to match the capacity in matters of CPU power and so on, I think it's the most inventive console in a while! Imagine playing Mario Kart DS wireless together with your friends with a can of beer! Unbeatable!! :thumbsup:

TIP: For those interested in buying the Nintendo DS, it can be pre-ordered at Lik-sang.com.

rendermania
11-08-2004, 12:26 PM
What looks great about the DS is the games - seems like there's gonna be lots of fun, old skool gaming available for the DS. PC gaming has really gone down the toilet in terms of creativity with 500 first person shooter clones hitting the market one after the other and the more cerebral adventure/godgames (think LucasArts/Bullfrog) segment drying out. seems like Nintendo still knows how to squeeze some fun out of games. big thumbs up :thumbsup:.

eek
11-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Heres some ds pics of the machine/stylus/pictochat/comparisons etc etc:

http://forums.dshandheld.com/showthread.php?t=1306

eek

Renderman_XSI
11-08-2004, 09:24 PM
LOL, what poll would that be? maybe it was the same people who did the exit poll for 2004 election? ROFL..

4 more years! :D

I seen a few polls done in Japan also, they seem pretty even terms of interests. Which every handheld the third party developer support more..well do better in the LONG run(right now its still the PSP).

danydrunk
11-08-2004, 10:28 PM
bush is for psp as Ds is for kerry...jejej only this time kerry wins.

DevilHacker
11-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Umm...
Bush won if I am correct...
Also there is a rule that says NO politics in these forms!

danydrunk
11-09-2004, 02:00 AM
I know thats why I said kerry wins this time......but yeah you are right enough with politics

cREATURE hARMONY
11-09-2004, 07:36 AM
The japanese really do prefer the DS over PS. Not only the public but developers as well. The poll was in japan's biggest gaming magazine; famitsu. I'm a game developer and although I love Playstation, Sony has the CRAPPIEST software development kit! I have no idea what SCE was thinking but they make is SOOOO incredibly difficult to get at the core graphics capability; makes it costly and time-consuming to develop for. If it weren't for Sony's HUGE installed base...I don't see SCE's playstation unit succeeding. Now as far as graphics, neither the PSP or DS have antialiasing. The PSP is def. more powerful but so far the games announced for it are iffy. Here's the problem, to get the kind of smoothness and crispness in a game like Ridge Racers...the PSP unit is working very very hard and cuts battery life to almost less than 2 hours. (or so emulation software shows). In terms of more unique gameplay, I give it to the DS.

agreenster
11-09-2004, 01:53 PM
I'll buy the DS for the same reason I bought the GameCube: Zelda. (when is WW2 coming out anyway?? Im withdrawling here)

I just hope that Zelda for the DS is handled well--I dont like gimmicky stuff like having to use a stylus while playing--I only have two hands you know. Nintendo can be very guilty of making puzzles in games (like mario or zelda) easily solveable as long as you use their current gimmick. Get stuck on level 4 of Zelda? Use the STYLUS!! Can't beat the boss? Oh right...use the stylus.

Anyway, I have a feeling I'll wind up with both systems.

HamsaPaksham
11-09-2004, 09:02 PM
DevilHacker

Is there a rule for making fun of other people? For offending other?

You asked for it. Donīt complain. I undersood your joke, donīt underestimate me. Itīs that simple.

DevilHacker
11-09-2004, 10:26 PM
DevilHacker

Is there a rule for making fun of other people? For offending other?

You asked for it. Donīt complain. I undersood your joke, donīt underestimate me. Itīs that simple.I have not made fun of people, (or as far as I know) offended anyone.
Also, I did not make the joke, I just reminded Dany, that there were no politics in these forms…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also for anyone else still watching, IGN got a Brand New (http://ds.ign.com/articles/564/564540p1.html), in the box version of the DS!
Pictures Below:
http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/564/564540/nintendo-ds-in-our-hands-20041108054021981.jpg

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/564/564540/nintendo-ds-in-our-hands-20041108035136894-001.jpg

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/564/564540/nintendo-ds-in-our-hands-20041108065736213-000.jpg

urgaffel
11-10-2004, 07:30 AM
The only problem with the DS is that all the cool games you see in the vids won't be avaliable in Europe. All those quirky original games will have to be imported :(

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.