PDA

View Full Version : FXWars filename suggestion

jussing
11-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey all!

Without trying to be any kind of authority, I'd like to recommend everyone in the FXWars challenge (and all other challenges) to put their username first in the file names of all animation clips posted, tests as well as final.

Like,

StrongBad_rollercoaster_test01.mov

-or something. I don't want to suggest a firm standard, just something to indicate who did the clip, for those who just skim the threads and download the links.

It's not for my benefit at all, it's for the challenge participant's own good.

I ended up giving up voting entirely, in the Army of Darkness animation challenge, because I just skimmed the thread and downloaded the 22 clips, which had no user indication. I know for sure which clips I would've voted for, but I don't know who made them, and I didn't have time go back to the thread and sort it all out.

Thanks for your time :),
- Jonas

ACantarel
11-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Good idea!

But I think we just need it for the finals.
The test animation will not be judged.

André

jussing
11-04-2004, 01:10 PM
True, it's actually not needed on tests. It just makes file browsing easier when people have skimmed all the WIP threads for animation links, and want to see everyone's progress. (so that actually is for my own good, haha :D )

Cheers,
- J

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.