PDA

View Full Version : beginning modelling

Fernando Scherer
11-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Hi all!!

im new to this, i want to model stuff, and i dont know properly how to begin
My goal is to model cars, objects in maya.

Please i tried already to mess a little with tutorials and the software but
no success yet.

Any directions would be great,

peace.

zenji
11-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Well, it might be worth your while to take a look at the DVD tutorials from The Gnomon Workshop. As a complete beginner in Maya, I found them to be extremely helpful. You might look at the modeling videos, in particular. You can find them at:

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com

When you get there, look for the "Digital" DVD's. The Analog DVD's are tutorials for more traditional work, such as drawing and sculpture.

You'll find them to be a little on the expensive side, but I think they're worth it.

BlackViolet
11-05-2004, 05:09 AM
another possibility is the digital tutors dvd series, and to a point their free online videos

www.digital-tutors.com (http://www.digital-tutors.com)

hope this helps

Fernando Scherer
11-05-2004, 04:09 PM
maybe vids tutorials are easier.. when i pick some web tutor, i get to a point where i cant understand what was done, so i cannot continue. i got a dvd but its dynamics, and its a little beyond me now..even if i could complete some 4 examples, i decided not to go further yet.

thanks

Fernando Scherer
11-05-2004, 10:30 PM
well, ok im going to look for it. i im not good at learning myself :P

all tutorials on the net i tryed to make, i got stuck at some point where i could not go on...
some techniques are not so much described, because people think everybody should know where are the tools ....at last that happened for me.

also, could you post any other sites with good or easy
tutorials for starters?

i appreciate the help, tkx

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.