PDA

View Full Version : Software solution for projection in puppet theater

Papashango
11-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi everybody!

I'm doing some "visuals" for a puppet theater that will be projected onto a net in front of the stage so in one scene eg. it looks like the puppets are at the bottom of the sea, or in another scene a puppet dragon appears, with stars and sparks and so on projected over it... the whole process worked great about ten years ago using a dia still-picture projector. Now we are using a beamer w/ 3.000 lumen and a 1.5 ghz windows XP laptop so the hardware background is set.

But now I'm not sure what the best software solution is - I could output the visuals to a dvd (which is my emergency solution) which limits the reolution to 720x576 pixels... that would actually be ok because the stage is just 3,5 x 1,6 meters in dimension (projected from 16 meters and the first row is 4 meters from stage so the pixels would not be distinguishable for the audience).

but the beamer would be capable of 1024x768 pixels, so I'd like to go for that. Now my problem is that I don't know any visuals software that allows me to create something like a playlist.

So if anybody out there knows a software (windows XP coompatible) that could help me please let me know!

Thanks,
Flo

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.