PDA

View Full Version : animating speed

cdinic
08-22-2002, 02:44 PM
how do I animate the speed of my movie clip. it slow, and I want to speed it up at some points and slow it down at others. I would like to animate it like any other property, with a nice biezer curve.

Thanks for your help!

-Chris

Chris
08-22-2002, 09:22 PM
You need Twixtor! :)

cdinic
08-23-2002, 03:02 AM
whats that? is it free? how do I get it?

-Chris

Chris
08-23-2002, 03:10 AM
- its a plugin from revisionFX

Its kind of the opposite of free... $330US for the standard version

You can buy it from http://www.revisionfx.com/rstwixtor.htm

another program which surprisingly does this (surprising because its about 1/10th the price of combustion & combustion cant do it) is Vegas Video - not as well as Twixtor though I'd say...

cdinic
08-23-2002, 03:14 AM
thats ashame.. seems painfly simple to alow the spinner to be animated.... ugggh.. guess I am going to have to do it by hand.. copying the clips and alering the individula speeds, with a little blend to smoth it out.... I want that effect of time going slow. then on a beat in the music zoming reall fast to the next bit of action, the slowing down.. I can see ecatly what I want in my head..

thanks for the info!

-Chris

beenyweenies
08-26-2002, 11:03 PM
Actually the best app for this type of work is Realviz Retimer. It actually creates new frames when doing post-time shifts, so rather than jerky, clunky retiming you get these incredibly smooth movements. Easy to use and works GREAT, but once again it does cost money, something you won't be able to avoid if you are doing professional work.

Good luck!

wireFrame
08-27-2002, 10:41 AM
I think you need Adobe Premier or Edit to do this stuff (i don't use this though). Since you have a slow clip you don't need a motion estimator like Retimer since you have a long clip. Your problem is to speed this up by dropping frames.

If you need a ramping type os speedup (non-linear timewarp) you need a more poweful app. I'm not sure really about edit or premier but since they are editing apps, they could probably handle this situation.

If you're too specific about the timing, you have to use a more powerful discreet product like flint*.

Inferno* can do timewarping and motion estimation/inbetweening for a more specific timing.

wireFrame
08-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Here's a screenshot of a Speedchange/Timewarp in flint*. The original is 50 frmaes which I reduced to 20.

beenyweenies
08-29-2002, 09:31 PM
Yes, Wireframe's correct... oops :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.