PDA

View Full Version : silly Surface Editor newbie question

feefunk
08-22-2002, 02:27 PM
Hello,

Is there a way to delete Surfaces from the Surface Editor?

I have a couple "floating" materials and I want to get rid of them, but I don't see a way to do it from the Surface Editor...

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Tudor
08-22-2002, 03:02 PM
Just make sure no polys use that material, and the materials will be gone the next time you load the object.

feefunk
08-22-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Tudor
Just make sure no polys use that material, and the materials will be gone the next time you load the object.

Duh!

Thanks Tudor!

Oh, and here's another question:

On the surface Editor still, how can I get rid of the FCurve (animation curve) if I click on an attribute by mistake?

I clicked on the "E" button by mistake for glossiness and even if I delete the keyframes it does not allow me to enter the value again directly from the Surface Editor, it seems that I have to do it now from the Graph Editor... a bit annoying!

thanks!

fellah
08-22-2002, 03:41 PM
hold down SHIFT and click on the 'E',

take care
// fellah

feefunk
08-22-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by fellah
hold down SHIFT and click on the 'E',

take care
// fellah

Aaahhhh! what a relief! Thank you so much fellah. I can't believe something that simple was stumping me. I couldn't find it anywhere in the manuals.

It made me feel like I was using Kai's Power Tools, with the interface that rewards "power users" by mysteriously giving you more options the more you use the program...
:hmm:

Thanks again to the Swedes! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.