PDA

View Full Version : sub modelling

wolfy2525
08-22-2002, 01:49 PM
Hello there ive been trying to find a good tutorial on sub divison modelling but alas im finding nothing. I really want to start modelling characters but im having a real hard time. Im using max 4.2 if anyone out there could help me it would be much appreciated.:bounce:

Thanks your dumb ass friend wolfy:scream:

If not maybe some good advice on how to go about it

ambient-whisper
08-22-2002, 02:03 PM
www.google.com

search for subd modeling
or anything else your interested in :) usually youll have to go through a few links that are listed there to find exactly what you want. but its all there. have fun.

playmesumch00ns
08-22-2002, 04:27 PM
just play around with it. Just model it like normal polygons basically, then add detail when you're ready by refining the mesh. Not sure what Max's SubD toolset's like, but that's how i do it in Maya

thinKer3D
08-22-2002, 05:53 PM
::
What I think works

Tutorials are greate for showing how to set things up, use new tools and even explain relationships between objects and tools. But for modeling, it is crucial you play around as much as possible. Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice! Practice!. No tutorial will get you where you want to get to at this level.
::

polygone
08-22-2002, 06:34 PM
Isn't the whole concept behind subdiv modeling to keep quads and not have any ngons or triangles? I have read that it is ideal this way due to the way usbdivs calculate the surface. Therefore, for things other than characters, is subdiv modeling still useful?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.