PDA

View Full Version : Fluids to form and image question

thetatorment
11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
i am trying to do a quick shot where a can of pant gets knocked over and spill out into the shape of a logo. the is a tutorial on Alias site "Using Fluids To Form An Image" which is kind of close but i can't seem to get a 2d container to look like paint (or any real fluid), only the default smoke setting. does anyone have any input on a way to achieve the effect i mentioned?? any input would help. i even tried using particles and goals rendered out blobby but they kind of just flew to into the image shape, not flowed. any ideas???

Duncan
11-03-2004, 06:22 PM
On the fluid Shape:
ContainerProperties->sizeZ = 0.5 or more depending on fluid size and other attributes
Surface->hardSurface = ON
specular Color = grey or white
Shading->transparency = black
edgeDropoff = as large a value that will not loose your boundaries

If you see dotty edges in the render increase the fluid shading quality setting.

Another method is to instead use a fluid texture as a displacement map. You could
also use the same fluid as a transparency map, or simply move the displacement surface
slightly below the floor surface, so only the bulge shows.

Duncan

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.