PDA

View Full Version : SGI VR3 Quadro

Zafoo
02-06-2002, 04:42 PM
I've just bought an SGI VR3 Quadro that I'm going to be running under Red Hat 7.2 (maybe 7.1). I was wondering if anyone knew anything about what I might need to get from SGI to run this to it's fullest potential. I'm running it in a custom AthlonXP 1700+ system, not an SGI 330/550. There are alot of things on SGI's website, but do I really need them, or can I just use the nVidia drivers? Will I lose any features just using the nVidia drivers?

fantomas
02-09-2002, 02:47 PM
I would suggest you use the drivers designed for the graphics card, these will ensure you get the full potential of the feature set. It sounds like you will have some loss of performance quality, simply because you dont have the sgi system, which has an ehanced graphic processing architecture: for example, a fsb several orders of magnitude higher than athlon m/boards. Still, you will have a kick ass system anyway, if you used windows I would suggest using rivatuner to manage your cards feature's, I dont know if linux has similar software...but no doubt it does, maybe check out freshmeat.com.

Hope this helps:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.